SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gellchom

Vegetable Basket Challenge 2013!

gellchom
10 years ago

It's baaAAAack ....

The lovely basket of vegetables came again from our nice friend. Here's the challenge to the best cooks I know: what can you think of (meal or menu) that uses the most of the contents (below)? (Yes, you can use other ingredients.) Or -- what yummy dish using even as few as one or two of these comes to mind that you would make if you were here?

This year, the Extra Special Bonus points are awarded for something involving cooked cucumbers -- because I don't much like raw cucumbers.

There will be a semi-valuable prize for the winner.

And speaking of winners -- a few years ago, the winner was Rachelellen, who used every one of the vegetables in a fabulous vegetarian Indian menu. One of the recipes was for Radish Leaf Soup, but the bag of radishes didn't have leaves, so I never made it ... until last week, when I had some scraggly radishes from the garden with big, beautiful leaves. WOW!! It is FANTASTIC! Jack and Thing Two and Future Mr. Thing Two, who were visiting from Haifa, and I all loved it. And super easy, too. So thank you again, Rachelellen. I'll include it at the end of this post so everyone else can enjoy it, too.

Here are the contents of this year's basket. I can't wait to hear your delicious ideas!

1 glamorous tomato
1 bag (16 oz) rosy radishes
1 bag (16 oz) cunning carrots (the baby cut kind)
1 mysterious green bell pepper
1 sincere red bell pepper
2 illiterate zucchini
2 cheerful yellow squash
1 bossy enormous cauliflower
1 perky head of iceberg lettuce
1 dutiful head of green cabbage
1 tedious cucumber

Have fun! And thanks in advance for your fun ideas.

Comments (23)