SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

More Good News :-)

moonwolf_gw
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

Lots of cooking related news to share!

First of all, mom bought a new set of cookware and we love it! It's Rachel Ray and it's in one of my favorite colors: orange! She got it from a catalog and she it was kind of an early Christmas present lol.

Second, I made my dill refrigerator pickles, using a mix from the store. I gave one jar to my sister and one jar to my gram, my mom's mom (NOT the one who's lemonade I always share about lol). Both got rave reviews. My eldest niece and our one cousin ate the jar that I gave to my sister! Gram loved them too and she said she ate half of a jar in one setting!

Lastly, it'll be canning time again this Christmas, because she's getting me a new canning rack from Kitchen Krafts along with a jam/jelly/preserves/pickles book and a strainer for her. We'll be making some strawberry jam. I found a recipe from a canning website called Pick Your Own. They have a Triple Berry Jam recipe that they say has been very popular when they've made it and gave it away. Triple Berry Jam is strawberry, blackberry and raspberry. They use low/no sugar pectin, in which you use 4 cups of sugar instead of the usual 7 cups and it has made their jams set extremely well :).

Hope you're all doing well!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

P.S. I'm writing out a few recipe cards for a friend as a Christmas present. I was lucky to find the cards at a local Dollar General where they were on sale. Cute little cards lol.

Comments (7)