SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barb_roselover_in

bullet blendeer

My daughter was given a blender that she thinks is so wonderful called a bullet, I believe. There are so many when I looked on the web. She says it has a powerful motor and uses it to make energy blended vegetable and fruit blended drinks. I am interested in learning more about this. Has anybody had experience with this.? It has always been my experience not to buy the most expensive of anything or the cheapest. Seems to me you have to have one with a powerful motor to blend this and liquefy all of this material. Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks you. Barb

Comments (2)

• barb_roselover_in
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Typo. Of course it is a blender. Barb

• grainlady_ks
    9 years ago

Barb-

It's one of many small blenders/smoothie makers on the market. Nice for smaller portions, is fairly easy to clean, and the Magic Bullet comes in several versions now. You have to push it into the base to make it work, and you risk burning out the motor by over-working it. Just a few pulses will usually do the trick. If you try to blend something that can't be done in a few pulses (like making nut butter) you really need a bigger blender for the task.

As with ALL blenders and juicers, it's only as good as the people who own it - ACTUALLY get it out and use it. You don't say if you already have a blender, but if you do own a blender, it may be able to do much of the same things a Magic Bullet will do.

Be sure to visit their web site or YouTube and watch demonstrations (infomercials) to get a good idea of how to use it, and that might help give you some perspective of actual use.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of liquefying and drinking fruits and vegetables. These are foods that require masticating so they mix well with saliva for proper digestion. Your digestion begins in your mouth, not your stomach (or the blender). Saliva includes the digestive enzyme amylase. Even when you do liquefy fruits and vegetables for consumption, you should literally "chew" them before swallowing to incorporate the all important saliva. People seem to gulp their food, especially liquid forms of it, and don't give much thought to properly chewing, and wonder why they suffer from digestive problems. If people would stop and properly chew their food, they would probably consume between 25-50% less. Liquefying foods makes it easy to consume even more calories.

I have the original Magic Bullet (two cup sizes and two blades with extra beverage cups with the rings you can attach to them - although I never use those) and use it to blend a small amount of sprouted lentils for a couple recipes I use them in. It was a small amount that would get "lost" in my big blenders. I love it for making a small amount of pesto or Alfredo sauce, and sorbet with frozen fruit. Fresh salsa and hummus are other recipes I use it for; and it will make a small amount of whipped cream in a few seconds.

-Grainlady

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County