SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greekshambo

Grainlady et al -- ?s about sprouting

shambo
10 years ago

I'd like to try sprouting garbanzo beans and lentils. Those are my favorite legumes. I'm not so much interested in the nutritional benefits of sprouting as in preventing the "distress" from eating beans. Unfortunately, for me, this difficulty has hit me as I've gotten older. I always ate beans with impunity, but these last few years... Well, that's another story. All the usual advice such as eating a little bit and developing a tolerance does not work with me. I had a tolerance but am now devolving.

I've recently been using sprouted and dehydrated lentils from the natural foods section of my local grocery. No problems. So I'd like to try doing this on my own. I wouldn't dry the sprouted beans, though. Just cook them fresh. I'd love to be able to make my father's famous garbanzo bean soup and actually enjoy it.

Grainlady, I checked out one of your links for Sprout People. They sell a device called "easy sprout." Do you think that's a good product? Do you think it would it work for 1 pound of beans at a time? Also, you've mentioned how you use citric acid in your initial soaking water. Could you give me your proportions?

Any other suggestions would be welcome. Thanks for your help.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sprout People - Easy Sprout

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022