SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleevendog

Foley food mill?

I just picked up a Foley food mill at a yard sale for a dollar....well, not really that kind of sale...the sad u-store-it locker next to the grocery has a tent and sells delinquent tenants stuff when they don't pay the storage fee. (kinda sad)
I googled and it seems they are good for smooshing. I do like hand tools. The directions on the spiral helps! ..."remove spring for seed fruits". Who new?...well i didn't, but everyone else probably does. Now i want to go and retrieve all the concords in the compost, haha.
Most of my grape load is fermenting for vinegar and made some juice pushing it through a strainer after a simmer. I cooked down some pears last night with some ginger slices and wondered how to process the mess....this might just be the ticket. Someone on chowhound uses it for potatoes, seeded fruits for jam and mentioned it is preferred because it does not whip air into harvests like most electric appliances.
Funny how that happens. Just when you might need something, there it is.
Any other ideas to make this useful?
Seems it might just rip seeds apart. Dishwasher? yes/no? The surface is a metal plate.
Not durable stainless. Does not seem ever used as most old ones are dull grey.
I still have 50lbs or more of fruit. Pears and apples. And probably cooked the pears way too long last night. Fun anywho....

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022