Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This Weekend's Theatre Workday Treats

Posted by moonwolf (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 11, 13 at 17:55

Hi everyone,

This weekend's theatre workday goodies have been planned and I just got the last of the ingredients today. This time, I will be taking Buffalo Chicken Dip with tortilla chips and celery sticks and some of Gram's Lemonade. I am going to try something a little different with the lemonade and add an orange to the mix. My neighbor said her mother used to add the juice of one orange when she made lemonade.

With the Buffalo Chicken Dip, I'm going to mix it all together and place it in my 9 x 13 glass baking dish and top with Cheddar cheese and place it in the fridge overnight to bake at the theatre before lunch. I'm also adding some blue cheese crumbles and chopped bacon into the mix.

I think I'm spoiling my theatre family LOL. Keep your fingers crossed!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This Weekend's Theatre Workday Treats

"------ Keep your fingers crossed!"

Sorry, Can't do that.

You have nice finger food planned, crossing fingers will not be convenient.

dcarch :-)

o

Brad, I think you are right, you are spoiling them. They'll want you around all the time! (grin)

I think the orange might be a nice addition to the lemonade. I love your Gram's lemonade, but I would probably love it just as much with an orange in it.

Annie

o

dcarch, I see your point LOL. I am taking some extra plastic containers to scoop leftover dip for anyone that wants to take it home with them.

Annie, I will let you know how it turned out with the orange in it. You and many other friends I have given the recipe to or those who have tried it have enjoyed it very much :-).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Here's the dip all ready to be baked for tomorrow's lunch break. I'll get more pictures at the theatre tomorrow.

Ready to pour:
 photo 137_zpsdb6077b0.jpg

Waiting to be baked:
 photo 138_zps9629a261.jpg

The lemonade with the added navel orange tastes great, too! Unfortunately, I spilled some when I was pouring it into my beverage container I take with me for the theatre, but I think there's more than enough for tomorrow.

On a side note, I moved my house plants back inside today, save for three Thanksgiving Cacti and my Christmas Cactus. My Meyer Lemon tree is opening it's first buds, and two Hoyas of mine started blooming yesterday, too. The fragrance is amazing from the Hoyas :-).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

The dip and lemonade were huge hits! I packed up three plastic containers (one was smaller) for three others, and here is one I snapped a shot of. I gave them the rest of the celery sticks too.

photo 140_zpscb06c1ad.jpg

I will definitely be making both of these again!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

BRad, I'm envious, I want a Meyer Lemon tree. Maybe when we build at the farm I'll find a sunny spot inside for one.

The dip looks yummy, I'm surprised there was any left over.

Annie

o

Annie, I was surprised when I found Meyer Lemon trees and Key Lime trees being sold a few months ago at our local Wal-Mart. I finally gave in and got one. Such a cute little thing! I just hope it does well this winter. I was surprised I was able to keep it alive, yet alone, bring it into bloom.

There wasn't a very large crowd today at the theatre, but I was surprised that I didn't have any dip leftover to take home. I do have some lemonade I will be sipping on. Oh, and my mom said she likes it better with the orange in it, so I think I will make it with an orange in it from now on :-).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Brad, you have the luckiest theatre crowd I know of.

Sally

o

Sally, it is I that should feel lucky belonging to my theatre group! It gives me something to do and allows me to be social and meet new people. It's like a sanctuary to me. I have already decided on what to make for next weekend: corn chowder!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here