SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cotehele_gw

Baked Goods ~ Quick, Appealing, Favorites ~ Share Yours Please

cotehele
14 years ago

Teresa gave me the Farmer's Market bug! :) I am a novice at selling my baked goods -I need a little help. I've made and sold breads, cookies and rolls we like as well as a couple of recipes that caught my eye.

Would you share baked goods recipes of all sorts that you would be eager to buy at a community market or from a home bakery? And, if you are offering baked goods to sell, what sells well? What items have the biggest profit margins?

I'll start.

Recipe posted by: trailrunner on 10.20.2008 at 01:54 pm in Kitchens Forum

Challah 3 loaves:

6 1/2 C flour

2 pkg (5 tsp) yeast

1 1/2 C warm water

1/4 C sugar (1-2 T in first mix*)

1/4 C butter softened

3 whole eggs

Dissolve 5 tsp or 2 packets of dry yeast in 1 1/2 c warm water. Add 1/4 c sugar and stir to dissolve. Wait til yeast is foamy and add 1/4 c butter (or pareve if Kosher) softened and 3 whole eggs. Whisk together.

Add abut 1/2 flour to above mixture and let sit minimum of 30 minutes.

In KA mixer or Cuisinart food processor mix 6 1/2 c unbleached or bread flour and 2 tsp salt (and remaining sugar).

Start KA or processor and slowly pour in liquids. Process till smooth satiny dough. about 1 1/2 min. Or you can stir this up by hand in a bowl ( see tutorial) May need up to another 1/2 c flour or a few Tbsp. water....depends on the weather and the flour.

Let rise til double in greased bowl covered ...about 1 hr. Degas and shape into 3 braids or may make burger buns or dinner rolls or even regular 9"x5" pan loaves.

Let rise til less than double. Bake 350 degrees 30 min. til hollow when tapped on bottom.

May glaze with 1 egg yolk diluted w/ 2 tsp 1/2 and 1/2 and decorate w/ sesame or poppy seeds.

*My change. This recipe makes 2 dozen 2 oz. rolls. I sell them 6 for $3.00. (Not enough $, I know.)

I am going to take Cotehele (my dog) for a walk. I'll add more later.

Judy

Comments (15)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES