SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arkansas_girl

Cream Of Tartar question

arkansas girl
9 years ago

Since COT is used for cooking, I'll ask this here. Is there a difference in different brands of COT? The reason I'm asking is this; I had read a long time ago how you can use it to clean pots and pans so I had this very old bottle of McCormick's that I had used one time and I thought since it was old I'd use it for the cleaning job. You can use a spoon of it in boiling water and then let it soak oh say your burned on grease, I was using it for those drip pans for the electric stove. After it soaked for a while, the burned on grease just FELL OFF seriously and no kidding! So since I used all of that bottle up, it was one of those tiny little bottles, I decided to buy a big honkin' bottle for future cleaning since it worked so well. Well, I bought a big bottle at GFS and it does not work for cleaning at all....I mean it absolutely does NOTHING, like soaking it in AIR! HA! What the heck could be the difference? My first bottle was old as the hills, I had it for at least 10 years! The non-working bottle was brand new. UGH! Any ideas? Shouldn't it all be the same?

Comments (21)