SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

What is the largest thing you ever lost in the kitchen?

Lars
11 years ago

Yesterday I was looking for my stock pot to boil water for pasta to have with leftover eggplant, and I could not find it! I also seem not to have been able to find the insert that I often put inside for straining the pasta, and so I had to use one of my larger stock pots to boil the water, and I only filled it half full because that is still a lot of water, and I only wanted to boil a small amount of pasta. Yesterday I had it in my mind that I remembered what I last used the stock pot for, but now I cannot think what that was. The pot is probably 10" diameter x 11" high and is not the original pot that came with the strainer, as the handles broke on that one. Anyway, it is quite large for something that I seem unable to find. I never take it out of the kitchen, and I've looked in all the places that I think I could have put it. When the handles broke on the original stock pot, instead of replacing that one with another pot with a strainer, I bought a set of three nesting stock pots that include two that are larger, and so I had two more larger pots to use in this emergency.

I feel like I am losing my mind or something because I am having trouble concentrating and evidently also trouble remembering. In the past few days I've also had dizzy spells, to the point of almost blacking out, and I want to talk with my doctor about this. I think I'm not allowing myself to deal with the issues I've had to go through during the past few weeks, but some days I feel lucid and other days I feel like I am in a fog. I do not normally lose a stock pot, and this has me particularly upset, for some reason. Kevin says he hasn't moved it.

Anyway, have you had a sitution like this, and if so, what did you learn from it? When I was a small child in 1958 I lost a hula hoop in the house, but I eventually found it in the large closet in the den.

Lars

Comments (46)