SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
khandi_gw

Agave and Sucanat Usage Questions

khandi
15 years ago

I bought some Blue Agave and some Sucanat (brown sugar) and I'm not sure how to use them in a recipe.

I'd like to make this zucchini bread with some substitutions. Since sucanat is sweeter and you use less, I'm not sure how to adjust the other ingredients. Since agave is a liquid, how do you adjust the other ingredients?

- I want to cut down the amount of white sugar and use brown sugar and/or the agave.

- I know that I should change the white flour, but that's all that I have right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I love to bake stuff and would like to really minimize the use of white sugar.

Zucchini Bread

3 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

3 teaspoons ground cinnamon

3 eggs

1 cup vegetable oil

2 1/4 cups white sugar

3 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 cups grated zucchini

1 cup chopped walnuts

Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).

Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.

Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.

Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!