SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindac_gw

Need an NBD apple dessert

lindac
16 years ago

Having a bunch of gals for dinner tomorrow night....making a chicken stir fry with all the garden produce that is so plentiful now...and looking for a dessertr. I was going to do that apple pie with the sour cream layer...think AnnT posted it most recently...some call it an apple kuchen...but know if I attempt to serve a "piece of pie" a few will say..."no dessert for me" but if I can show up with a plate of "finger dessert" cut in small pieces, everyone will have a little...because it's not really "dessert" don'tchaknow?

I am thinking a cookie dough or pate sucre, baked, with a sweetened cream cheese layer and apples and maybe a crisp topping on top of that....or maybe not. Baked in a pan with sides...I have several different sizes and cut into 1 inch by 3 pieces or maybe 2 by 2 squares.

Anyone ever done something like that? I am concerned about getting too much filling on the base and turning it into a "fork dessert" and also concerned with the crust as the recipe I use for pate sucre is a bit crumbly.

I am thinking of something like lemon bars but with apples and cream cheese.

Anyone???

Linda C

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath