SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpinkmountain

How do you make your migas?

lpinkmountain
9 years ago

I am having some funky migas today for lunch. I have a couple of stale tortillas that I want to use up and I decided to eat migas. I looked up "Pioneer Woman's" recipe online and tried it and they just turned out kind of weird--mush. I have only ever made them maybe once or twice before. Usually when I want the egg/tortilla/tomato salsa combo I make "huevos rancheros" which is eggs poached in a tomato vegetable broth and then served OVER a tortilla or cornbread. I usually use nacho chips or a leftover corn muffin.

But for the migas, I fried, then chopped up on tortilla. Renee (Pioneer Woman) said to add cream to her eggs. I learned to make scrambled eggs that way but not sure if that is necessary, makes them kinda runny, IMHO. Also, I only used one eight inch tortilla for two eggs, maybe not enough? I dunno, they were just mushy. Also I used some sauteed zucchini mixed with my very chunky home made salsa for the vegetables, so not sure if that was a bit too watery. But really not that much more watery than using a fresh tomato, seems like. But perhaps too soupy? Anyway, how do YOU make your migas?

Comments (11)