SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpinkmountain

Anyone have a Frigidaire electric range?

lpinkmountain
12 years ago

My oven went completely out and I've been stove/range shopping. I have to have electric. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money since I'm not sure how much longer I'll be in the house. I'm not crazy about flat tops, I'm worried about the repair, I tend to break things. I was set on a Whirlpool, seeing as how that company is headquartered in my home state, but I'm not crazy about any of these electric stoves. I didn't really like any of the ones at Sears/i.e. Kennmore. The one that I can see myself cooking on the most was a Frigidaire one, particularly the flat top. I still may go with a coil, but I was wondering if anyone can tell me their experiences with that brand, Frigidaire. I know nothing about it. All my home appliaces are mostly Kennmore, I inherited them when I bought the house.

My biggest issue is I use my stove so much for canning. I need two big burners. That's what I liked about the Frigidaire one, it has one large burner on the front and then another one that was flexible, could go either large or small. I'm not crazy about GE in general as a company, and I didn't like the rounded backs on their stoves. I like a flat back to the stove so I can put all my salts and peppers, etc. on the back of the stove. I have a very limited height/space back there due to my kitchen cabinets.

Comments (15)