SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpinkmountain

Chicken with DRIED pineapple, need help improvising

lpinkmountain
9 years ago

I have some ancient dried pineapple (the kind with sugar) which I don't even know where I got and I don't like dried pineapple to eat plain, so I am thinking I will use it to make pineapple chicken. Normally I would do such a dish in a crockpot but I don't have mine with me. All I have is a baking dish and a dutch oven. I'd also like to add some onions, carrots and cabbage eventually. Not sure how to do it, because I only know how to roast chicken and this I want to do slower.

I'm thinking I'll get an organic chicken, cut it up, and roast it on top of a pineapple/veg/orange juice base. But still it seems like it will cook unevenly, like all the veggies cook at different times so maybe I should add the cabbage more towards the end? And also should I rehydrate the pineapple a bit first, and what about temps and times and should I do it in the rectangular shallow baking pan or the 7 qt. dutch oven? I am kinda lost here.

I could keep the chicken whole, that would be a heck of a lot easier but not sure the sauce and flavor would be enough that way. I've only roasted chicken with fresh fruits. I don't mind cutting up the chicken. I can't get organic chicken already cut up. It's either boneless or whole for that kind of chicken.

Comments (6)