SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

Question about how food is cooked in restaurants. (long)

caflowerluver
15 years ago

Last night DH went out to a very expensive fancy resturant for out 31st anniversary. We have been going to this place for our anniversary for years. The food/service has always been something you would rave about.

I usually order steak, which is always good, but I had just cooked rib eye steak on the grill a week ago so decided to go with the tuna. It sounded interesting with Italian style veggies of sun dried tomatos, green beans, lentils and yellow & red peppers.

When I got it, I couldn't believe it. It was RAW! It looks like the top and bottom were seared about 5 seconds in a pan and that was it. It looked bloody red. Sorry, but I like my fish cooked! I have never like sushi or sashimi.

I sent it back and asked that it be cooked all the way through. Yes, I got one of those looks. (I kept wondering if there would be a big glob of spit on it when it was returned.) Of course by the time they returned, DH's food was cold. They took that back too and was suppose to keep it warm but I guess they didn't. And service dramatically declined after that.

It kind of put a damper on a very good evening. I guess I am out of it. When I cook tuna steaks at home I cook them all the way. Is this the way tuna is cooked nowadays?

Clare

Comments (26)