SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
foodonastump

at a loss for an app

foodonastump
10 years ago

I'm going to a friend's later today for a small gathering and have been asked to bring an app. For some reason I'm at a loss. Dinner is grilled chicken, hostess doesn't like seafood or else I would have made a cold shrimp dish like "ceviche" (in quotes because I would have cooked it). I want to take something more than like cheese and crackers which she'll already have, a veggie platter which will not go well with this group, and finally would like not to have to cook it there, at most quick reheat in the microwave. I think it's going to be about 5 adults plus 7 kids who I'm less concerned about but I'd like for it to be something they may at least try. For some reason I'm drawing a blank, and threads that I've searched seem to emphasize seafood (which she is fine with, said she'll have other stuff to eat, but I'd prefer not to do that.) Any ideas? Time is at a premium, hopefully something I can throw together within an hour.

As I'm typing this I'm thinking of Ann_T's chorizo app which wouldn't have to be piping hot...but would love other suggestions. Thanks!

Comments (6)