Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dumb question on cupcake liners

Posted by stir_fryi (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 30, 11 at 8:44

when you buy the foil liners -- what are you supposed to do with the paper ones that are in between each foil liner? Do you throw them away (are they "real" cupcake liners) or can you use them?

The package says nothing about it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dumb question on cupcake liners

The Reynolds company says:

Reynolds Baking Cups are packed with paper separators to prevent the foil cups from fusing together during manufacturing. These paper separators should be removed before filling the foil baking cups with batter. The paper separators are the same as our Pastels Baking Cups.

o

I thought the foil cups were to be used if you didn't have a muffin tin? They will sit on a baking sheet where you can safely fill them without them collapsing from the weight of the batter. Then you can lift the baked cupcakes out of the foil cups and serve the cupcakes in the paper cups per usual.

The paper cups are "liners" whether you put them in the muffin tin cups or whether you use them to line to foil cups.
Teresa

o

I use foil liners in a muffin tin. I like the way they look and they peel off more cleanly from the baked product than paper ones. I use the paper separator leftover ones, too. In a pinch.

o

I use both the foil & paper liners, & have not seen a difference in the way they perform. I had thought the foil ones were for a different 'look."

And see Shaun's post above: no difference in the liners & the paper cups.

o

So I baked pumpkin chip muffins in the tin with both paper and foil liners. The muffins pop right out of the foil liners but stuck to all the paper liners :(

I am sticking with foil and ditching the paper.

I hate, hate, hate cleaning muffins tins so I always use liners.

o

I usually go cheap and just get paper liners for rare times I make muffins or cupcakes. Always thought the foil later was for stability... maybe looks?? I also hate cleaning muffin pans. Even if called "non-stick"... they do stick and quickly have little bits that are about impossible to get off. I give inside of paper liners a quick spray of non stick stuff... otherwise seems like a lot of the product rips off with the paper??

o

Here is a cute "tool" to clean muffin pans.

Here is a link that might be useful: Muffin Pan Brush - Fantes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here