Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grainlady: no more Perfect-A-Crust - please measure?

Posted by jessyf (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 21, 09 at 6:36

Grainlady, either my google skills fail me, or the Perfect-A-crust ring makers/vendors are kaput.

Unless someone can find me a link, could you measure diameters inside and out, and height of your rings, so I can make my own out of cardboard (IIRC you cover them with plastic wrap to keep them clean while rolling, hence my thoughts on cardboard).

Thanks! So much for procrastination, meh.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grainlady: no more Perfect-A-Crust - please measure?

PERFECT-A-CRUST measurements...

8-inch ring: 10-7/8-inches (inside) - 12-7/8-inches (outside)

9-inch ring: 11-7/8-inches (inside) - 13-7/8-inches (outside)

10-in. ring: 12-7/8-inches (inside) - 14-7/8-inches (outside)

Have you contacted King Arthur Flour to see if they have a source for them? Even though they no longer carry them, perhaps they know a source. That's where I'd start.....

-Grainlady

o

Have you checked ebay? Is this what you are talking about, zip up bags?
Clare

Here is a link that might be useful: pie crust maker

o

Thanks GL, I'll call them tomorrow, good idea. I've 'clipped' your post for posterity in case its a no go.

Clare, I have one of those 'bags'. In my hands, it's a disaster. The product I'm talking about is three ring 'gaskets'. You put one down on your rolling surface, plop a blob of dough in the middle, and roll to the edges. GL covers hers with plastic to keep things clean and so you can transfer the rolled out dough to a pie tin/plate.

o

This store seems to have them available. I would call first though

Here is a link that might be useful: Perfect-a-Crust by Chef's

o

No luck with KA

loves2cook4six - I didn't call that company after the cheapest shipping calculated out to $10.31 - total about $26.... but thanks anyways! We have lots of cardboard for making my own, and saving the planet, LOL.

Hurry up weather and cool off so I can bake (or pretend to)

o

Sorry KA couldn't help. Your cardboard will probably work just fine, when all is said and done. -Grainlady

o

Are those rings just a guide for diameter or are they a thickness such that you roll your pin over them and the crust is perfectly even?

o

Both.

o

(what maureen said. I was going to 'double' cardboard layers to get a 'depth' since grainlady didn't specify. The Perfect-a-Crust rings look like flat O rings, gaskets)

o

Well the company that 246 linked doesn't have them either. They said they're discontinued, and they need to it off the web site.

o

Sorry about that.... They are 3/16-inch thick on the inside edge and tapered on the outside edge.

-Grainlady

o

Grainlady: -Two years later- I feel your pain. I, too, am hooked on the Perfect-a-Crust tool. I ruined my 10 in. and can't seem to get the same results just measuring. I still have the packaging - a company called Mexitalia, Inc. - but Googling is not turning up a resource. Sombody needs to make these again. Where's an entrpreneur when you need one?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here