Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grilled Brie

Posted by ann_t (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 12, 13 at 1:06

This was suppose to be an appetizer, but it ended up being dinner.

Grilled Brie with Baked Garlic, Slow Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and grilled baguette.

Starting with homemade baguettes.

Tomatoes ready for the oven. Seasoned with salt, pepper, oregano and basil and drizzled with olive oil.

Baked Garlic

Slow roasted tomatoes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grilled Brie

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

o

Yum. We did the same last weekend. Our eyes were bigger than our stomachs and had a mixed grill of tuna, shrimp,scallops, lamb sausage planned....ended up saving that for Sunday.
(fortunately we had not yet lit the grill or marinated the seafood)

o

Oh, yeah!

Sally

o

That's definitely a snack that turns into dinner - how can you stop eating it? Looks great.

o

My kind of meal. Would love to dine with you!

Have you made 'Summer Pasta'? Not sure if there is a recipe anywhere. It would of worked wonderfully with our high heat earlier this week.

Chopped Roma Tomatoes
Pieces of Brie
Garlic-lots
Basil
Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix in a glass bowl and set outside to marinate 6-8 hrs. Longer the better flavors marinate together.
Put over your favorite pasta! Have plenty of crusty bread handy to mop up the sauce.

o

If I ever win the Ann T lottery and get to pick whatever meal I want you to make, this is it.

o

Oh my gosh, Ann! That looks so good.

o

The grilled brie was good, but I also like warm goat cheese with baked garlic and roasted tomatoes.

Easy dinner. Just needs a good red wine.

Trudy, I've made a similar salad. But I've never left it outside.

~Ann

o

Looks great, Ann! We would easily make that dinner. Nice meal to have outside on the patio or at the marina.

Try Trudy's idea allowing the tomato mixture to sit in the sun. I've been doing that since our Denver days. There's no tomato quite as good as a sun warmed tomato! It really makes a difference.

/t

o

Ann, that looks delicious, although I can't imagine anything on your bread that wouldn't be wonderful.

Trudy, I've made a similar topping for pasta too, I don't care for the long cooked tomato sauces but I love the fresh vegetables over whole wheat or homemade pasta.

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here