SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elphaba_gw

raw portobello mushrooms in coleslaw? (after salted?)

elphaba_gw
10 years ago

I haven't used portobello mushrooms before. I'm making coleslaw and thought I would add some chopped (or julienned) portobello mushrooms. But I can't find ANY recipe on the web that talks about including raw portobello mushrooms in anything. What about tuna salad? or potato salad? I thought I would marinate with salt first tonight and then chop and add to coleslaw tomorrow. But since I can't find anything close to this, I'mt thinking maybe I should broil/roast the potobellos (after I spray with olive oil) and then chop and add to coleslaw? or maybe just leave them out? I like to try different things, I don't cook much (can you tell?) so was trying for something different to bring to a pot luck? I've got the cabbage "marinating" in salt right now. I understand that helps (according to Aton Brown, Cooks illustrated, Mark Bitman, etc.) I was thinking on salting the mushrooms first and letting them set out a while like the cabbage. Thoughts on how I can include the mushrooms? Or should I really leave out?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH