Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can anyone explain this? Slime in heavy cream

Posted by cloudy_christine (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 22:35

It's ultra-pasteurized cream, not sour, and only a day past the sell-by date.I poured it on crushed raspberries and a small amount of .. slime ... came out. It didn't blend into the raspberry-tinted pink cream. It's a little, separate patch of white goo.
I know cream eventually gets a solid part as it spoils, but that solid stuff is not slimy. Is this just the first stage of that process? That I have somehow never encountered in all these years?

My imagination is running to slime molds, possibly from other galaxies, spreading through unsuspecting dairies. Cream should not do this.

And by the way, never ever do a web search on this. : - (

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can anyone explain this? Slime in heavy cream

Wow, that's something I've never encountered. I would throw it out.

o
RE: Can anyone explain this? Slime in heavy cream

I would take the receipt back to the store and get my money back.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here