Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Monkey Princess Is Here

Posted by Monkey_Princess_101 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 18, 14 at 22:19

This is Annie's granddaughter Makayla. Also I'm Very popular with the name of Monkey Princess,As you all know.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Monkey Princess Is Here

Oh goody! What will you be preparing?

o

Greetings Your Royal Highness!

Will you be treating your Oma to some wonderfully delicious meals and baked goods?

o

Oh, she already did! Her cousin Jamison helped her peel and cut up zucchini and they have a big dehydrator full of zucchini simmered in Black Cherry koolaid. (grin)

We went to Michigan's Adventure today, tomorrow I take them all back to their respective homes and then go help Sherry finish up a couple of small repair projects.

I'll have get together pictures soon!

Annie (who still won't take a backseat to the Monkey Princess because Her Highness does not have internet connection and can only use the computer at her grandmother's house! Plus, she has to be in bed by 10 pm, LOL)

o

Congratulations!! You're having so much fun.

o

Zucchini simmered in black cherry koolaid and then dried? Sounds interesting....do you then eat the zuke chips or make jewelry with them? LOL - ;o) Are they like a sweet pickle or a fruit leather snack? Or was this a mad scientist Monkey Princess experiment?

And when is the local fair? And what will you enter this year?

Teresa

o

Congrats!

You are now legally and offically a member.

dcarch

o

We have all known you since you were born. Just seems right that you should have your own membership.

Looking forward to your posts Makayla.

~Ann

o

Welcome Ms. Monkey Princess! Glad to see you posting. Share your pictures if you can. Looking forward to seeing you more.

o

Monkey Princess! Welcome officially to the Gardenweb! Love hearing about yours & Oma's cooking & baking adventures.

o

Very happy to see you here!

By the way, where does the name Monkey Princess come from? At first I thought you were the only one, but then I saw that you put numbers after the name, which made me think that there might be another one.

Learning to cook from grandmothers is the best - mine was very helpful, and I have fond memories of cooking with her. I look forward to seeing pics of what you are making.

Lars

o

I heard that you had a good time with the other grands. I look forward to my lily being on the CF too.

o

Lars, she is the "Monkey Princess" because when she was small she'd climb all over me. I asked her if she thought she was a monkey and she said "Yes, and you are my tree". Since she was the only girl child in the family at that point, everyone referred to her as "The Princess". So, she became "Monkey Princess" and it stuck. Why is she "101"? I sure don't know, I think she's used to having numbers with all of her passwords, etc.

Teresa, the zucchini comes out of the dehydrator much like gummy worms. No one that has eaten it has yet identified it as zucchini and the kids all love the stuff. The fair is already gone and she got several blue ribbons with a couple of seconds and thirds, including one third for a picture she had drawn. We had a lot of company the week before Fair, so we didn't have the time to spend that we usually do. She made bagels and donuts and apple cinnamon syrup, brother made fudge and cookies, so we were still well represented, although no Grand Champions this year.

She's back home now, but she'll be back. She was "teaching" her cousin Jamison to cook during this last visit. (grin) She deserved her break with Grandma, her Mom had another seizure last week and she and her brother were the only ones home. Makayla got her brother outside, kept him calm, called the ambulance, gave them directions and kept her Mom from hurting herself by lying her on the floor so she didn't fall. She did well, stayed calm and I'm proud of her.

And now that's over with, we can get back to cooking, she's going to help me make salsa next week, if enough tomatoes ripen. I'm sure she'll post then, she's excited to have her own "screen name".

Annie

o

Welcome to CF, MP!!! I enjoyed reading your posts under your grandma's ID a few months ago. Now she's posting under yours. I'm so confused!

Yeah, anyone that's been here a while already "knows" you so that makes it all the more fun to welcome in a new generation. Has anyone else done that?

o

I heard that you had a good time with the other grands. I look forward to my lily being on the CF too.

o

Thanks everybody ,sounds to me that you all are very happy about my membership to the cooking forum.

o

Hi Monkey Princess,

I'm another member who's delighted to welcome you. Did you know that your Oma is one of our favorite members? She often posts stories about family events (like weddings and holidays) and shows us pictures of the yummy food and the wonderful people, including you and your brother and cousins. That's why we all feel as though we know you. Even if we've never met you in person, we've seen photos and heard stories about you ever since you were babies.

Congratulations on winning all those ribbons at the fair. Soooooo ... what's your next cooking project?

Sue

o

Thank you every body for welcoming me to the cooking forum.

* Monkey Princess *

[Makayla]

o

Hello Monkey Princess! I rarely come to the Cooking Forum anymore but I've met your Grandmother before. You're a lucky young lady to have such a wonderful Grandmother and I'm lucky to have met her. Welcome Makayla!

o

Sue what's next is dinner on her birthday you can give some tips on the message I need your help cooking forum

o

Yes, indeed, give that Monkey all your good cooking tips. Make them cheap, please, I'm sure she's going to need help with ingredients. (grin)

Annie (Makayla's Grandma)

o

Monkey Princess,

I'm THINKing, I'm THINKing! :-) If I have a good idea, I'll post on that thread.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here