SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

And yet another forum visitor...

annie1992
14 years ago

Right after Elery and I met Tami, Sherry called. She and Roger were on their way north for a short vacation and planned to stop in White Cloud, was I free? Oh boy, was I ever!!

We had just had the ducks slaughtered and Elery put a couple of them in the smoker, so I promptly asked Sherry and Roger to come to dinner

Sherry brought some Limoncello and some wine, including a bottle of cherry wine from Black Star Farms that no one liked except me because I'm the only one that drinks sweet wine. Ah well, more for me!

So, here's supper. I was at work all day so Elery cooked. We had smoked duck with dark cherry sauce, a potato gratin with red peppers and Dubliner cheese from Trader Joes, green beans with tomatoes and onions, maple oatmeal bread and Marilyn's lemon brownies.

The ducks were the ones we raised, the cherries had been picked at a local orchard. The potatoes were from the garden, as were the green beans, tomatoes and onions. The maple syrup in the bread was a gift from Tami_ohio. Since I haven't figured out how to grow lemons in Michigan, I had to stop at the grocery for the lemon in the brownies. As always, I doubled the lemon juice, Sherry and I both like a strong hit of lemon. It's a good recipe and I make it often.

After dinner we just stuck the dishes in the sink for later and sat and talked, with some wine and some Limoncello.

Isn't that a cute little glass with the Limoncello? It was a wedding gift from San and I finally got to use them! The wine glasses are less fancy, they were freebies from various wineries where we got samples, LOL.

Sherry didn't mind, I don't think:

As always, we had a wonderful visit, and made plans to get together again soon. She and Elery went through a couple of bottles of wine, though, so she might not remember. (grin) I'll remind her.....

I sent her back to the camper with a dozen fresh eggs and a loaf of the maple oatmeal bread.

Annie

Comments (15)