Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tgif!!!

Posted by dcarch (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 17, 12 at 21:37

TGIF, The Gift Is Fantastic!

My dear friend who from her farm, gave me heritage Berkshire pork, honey from her apiary, wine and meade from her still, candle and soap from her shop, jam and pickles from her kitchen, pears and figs form her orchard, --------

I got home from work today, and there is a gift package from her, a big box of fresh chanterelle mushrooms collected on her farm!

There will be some fine cooking the next few days.

dcarch

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tgif!!!

You have a very generous friend. Enjoy!!

~Ann

o

I agree, she's very generous and I'm sure you'll enjoy your latest package.

Here the first calf of the year was born and I ate the first white tomato, so it's all good here too!

Annie

o

Ann_t, I think it is genetic, her young daughter volunteers in an animal shelter.

Annie, my friend just bought a new tractor, and she is about to buy a few Waygu cows! She is like you , a non-stop perpetual motion machine!

dcarch

o

I am so lucky to have free Chanterelles to cook with.

Sous vide Sea scallops (huge!) from the farmers market, Chanterelle Mushroom sauce.

dcarch

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

That looks delicious, dcarch.

o

Thanks Ruthanna. You are very kind.

---------------------------

Made Chanterelle sous vide infused veal osso bucco. Veal is less pronounced in flavor, to allow the aroma of chanterelle to shine.

dcarch

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

I am really enjoying my chanterelle mushroom gift.

Sous Vide Short Ribs, Chanterelle Mushrooms pepper sauce.

dcarch

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

All gorgeous dishes. I just discovered not too long ago that I don't hate mushrooms (only took me about 28 years to figure that out!) Haven't tried chanterelles yet, but you've definitely got me wanting to.

o

Thank you Jenny. I am glad you have come to like mushrooms. I can't live without mushrooms.

My last supply of chanterelle mushrooms.

Chilean Sea Bass sous vided and with crispy skin.

dcarch

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Dcarch, you should invite your 'friend' to
join in this forum. She sounds like someone
who would be 'invaluable', as Annie is.

o

In time she may be able to join here. For now she is totally going nuts.

In addition to home schooling her kids, farming, bee keeping, wine making, ------- She just e mailed me that she made 12 lbs of soap and she is building a big "tree house" (10' x 26") --- she just bought a tractor.

dcarch

o

And I thought 'pioneer women' were a thing of the past.
Dumn 'ol me.

o

Ack! Now I'm envious, I still haven't gotten my own tractor, I use Dave's. Sigh.

Next year we start the bee hives, I think.

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here