SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mustangs81

Veggitti Anyone

mustangs81
9 years ago

I was gifted that silly Veggetti slicer last year (penalty for being a gadget freak). I opened it today to use with one of my favorite Thai recipes--Nam Tok (beef salad). It worked fine to make a bed of cucumbers for the Nam Tok.

I will try the Veggetti with potatoes for hash browns. Anyone use it yet?

The Nam Tok was very good. I served it with Jessy's fresh rolls, jasmine sticky rice, and Thai iced tea.

Thai Nam Tok

Marinade Ingredients:
4 teaspoons thin soy sauce
4 teaspoons palm sugar
3 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
3 Thai chili peppers, cut into small pieces
juice from 2 medium limes

Salad Ingredients:
1 pound beef
1 Tablespoon fish sauce
juice from 2 medium limes
2 shallots, sliced very thinly
1/3 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup mint, coarsely chopped
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons *toasted rice
1/2 teaspoon roasted chili flakes
*I roasted uncooked Jasmine rice then put it in the coffee grinder to make a powder.

Instructions:
Mix marinade ingredients and marinate beef for several hours to overnight.

Grill beef over medium high heat until it's done. Let rest for a few minutes and then slice against the grain of the meat into very thin slices.

Combine the sliced beef with all of the other ingredients. Adjust the amount of herbs and spices to your tastes. The salad should be equally salty, sour, and hot. Serve warm with cabbage, cucumber, mint, and Thai basil.

Here is a link that might be useful: Veggitti

Comments (4)

• party_music50
    9 years ago

Sorry, I've never heard of Veggitti, but the Thai Nam Tok recipe looks great! :)

• skeip
    9 years ago

I have one and I love it!! Mostly use it to make zucchini noodles. Quick stirfry in a hot pan of butter, salt and pepper and it is a delicious and quick side dish. Also have used it to make cucumber noodles dressed with a quick Thai dressing.
    It's not an every-day-use kind of thing, but I certainly have enjoyed using it.

Steve

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    9 years ago

I only have a humble julienne peeler, but that recipe still looks good. Thanks!

• compumom
    9 years ago

Yes, I use it to make zucchini noodles too! As our crowd becomes more carb phobic, it's a great way to serve chicken breasts or fish topped with a mediterranean type of sauce. Light and easy, the raw zucchini shreds hold for hours covered in the fridge. Before serving toss with lemon and a bit of evoo in a skillet. Tossed with a hot sauce, I don't cook them and top with some parmesan cheese before serving.
    Must try them with cukes! I have also read where you can shred sweet potatoes or yams, toss with a bit of butter or olive oil, spices and bake like a latke!