SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tammyct

Country Style Ribs - Pork Shoulder OR Pork Loin?

tammyct
16 years ago

I've always been intimidated by the labeling of meats at the supermarket. I am lucky to have a small town butcher in my town where I go for certain cuts of beef and ground beef and I could go to him for this question but I wanted to turn to the trusty Cooking Forum. First, it has been a couple of years since posting regularly; however I have been lurking now and then. So hello to everyone out there! I changed my screen name a while back ... so I was aka tlsullivan or was it tlsullivanct ... never-the-less ... I am going to try to read more often and contribute when I can.

OK, I am at the supermarket and have a hankerin' for country style ribs. I see a package of pork labeled "Boneless Pork Shoulder Butt Country Style Ribs" and these have some marbeling and are pretty big. Then there are packages labeled "Boneless Pork Loin Country Style Ribs". These are not has huge, look leaner and are cut in the same manner as the Pork Shoulder. I bought the latter because they just looked more manageable and leaner. The package has two strips and the strips are cut into nice individual portions. Looks like I have bout 16 pieces here.

Looking for a relatively easy recipe to make over the weekend however I am open to something more involved if I can yield better results. I have a well stocked kitchen and a grill so I can pretty much attempt anything this these little guys.

Many thanks to you all who have contributed recipes to me. I still refer to recipes that Ann from Canada contributed and I hope she is still on the Cooking forum and doing well.

Regards,

Tammy in CT

Comments (15)