SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maureen_me

Moronic question for Grainlady (I think)

maureen_me
15 years ago

I'm pretty sure that it was Grainlady who posted a while back about using Perfect-A-Crust rings to roll out pie dough. I ordered a set when I was buying some other things at Fantes.com, and I tried using one for the first time last week.

It seems like the most primitive tool imaginable, but even with the instructions--and photographs!--provided, I wasn't sure how exactly I was supposed to use the ring. Your writing is always so clear and precise that I thought I'd ask you. The directions say to keep rolling the dough till "no more pushes out of the mold." Does that mean you're supposed to have excess dough that exceeds the inner margins of the ring? Or are you supposed to keep rolling the dough till it takes the shape of the ring, with no excess? And if you do have excess, do you trim it with a knife? The photos don't show that, and I thought that the whole purpose of the ring was so you didn't have to, which seems to be what's implied when they tell you to use the edge of the ring to lift the dough.

I won't blame you if you mutter under your breath about what an idiot I am. I probably agree with you. But I'd like to make good use of these things. I'm a little obsesso about flawless crusts, for some reason.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath