SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iris_gal

cold deli salads at Gelson's

iris_gal
9 years ago

A friend brought home 3 deli salads from Gelson's deli case.

The Arrugula Quinoa combo was excellent with a few small size edamames tossed in, but the sweet corn kernals did nothing for me. Could not taste the dressing. Definately one to play with. I thought toasted slivered almonds might be nice. Maybe some halved red grapes?

The Super Asian Coldslaw (name may be incorrect) seemed to be dressed with a sweet'n'sour rice vinegar & sugar mix. No oil was apparent. About equal parts shredded cabbage and carrots, some lg.slivers of red and green Bell peppers, a few sliced sugar peas (blanched I think) and some chopped green onion with a bit of the top. Refreshing taste. The pea pods were a bit tough.

A broccoli mandarin combo was so simple. Fresh broccoli small florets, mandarin orange segments in tiny !!! bits (was nice), a few cashews, and generous amount of small cherry halves. The cherries didn't appear to be reconstituted dried. Can't figure them out. Golden raisins would substitute. Dressing was typical vinegar-sugar-mayo mix used on coldslaw. Maybe using rice vinegar.

Weather hot and muggy here. Any refreshing combos you've found?

Comments (5)