SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bellsmom

First use of dehydrator feedback info--freezing coffee beans

bellsmom
10 years ago

OK, FYI
I went yesterday to BB&B and splurged on the Excalibur 3926 Dehydrator with their 20% off coupon. They did forego the shipping (but I had to pay state tax--grrrr) so it was a bit more than I could have bought it with Amazon Prime, but BB&B's service and return policies are so great I give them preference when I can. Shopping there is always a pleasure, and NO, my retirement investment is NOT with BB&B.

So I don't have the dehydrator yet. BUT. . .

Anyway, I had already bought the Waring Pro pistol vac for less than $40, and had it on hand.

So, today I ended up with a free afternoon--a rarity recently--and went off to Costco (for tp, cat and dog food, trout (4 nice size trout for less than $12--each one makes a a meal for DH and me--, to Penzey's for some salad mixes, to Trader Joe's for gin, wine, and lemons and bananas, to Fresh Market for freshly roasted coffee beans at their half-off special--about $6.00 a pound.

I bought 6 pounds of coffee beans, came home and tried out the Waring Pro pistol vac. I put a slightly open bag of beans, still in the original bag and opening downward in each vacuum bag, sealed the bag and then pulled out the air and put it in the freezer.

I love the pistol vacuum after this first use. Each bag of beans was a solid block inside the vacuumed bag. If they do not hold vacuum in the freezer, I will add a comment to that effect here. Yeah, I know frozen coffee beans are not the very best, but at this price and with the quality of the Fresh Market beans, I figured I would come out OK.

This post was edited by Bellsmom on Tue, Aug 20, 13 at 20:52

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner