SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpinkmountain

Peaches too juicy for pie?

lpinkmountain
9 years ago

I made a passable peach pie this weekend but the peaches were exceedingly juicy. I had to drain out the pie before baking it! I tried my usual tricks of baking it on the bottom rack of the oven and also par baking the bottom crust for seven minutes. I baked it at 400 for half the baking time and 350 for the remainder. (basically 25/30 min.) The crust was still a bit soggy though. Perhaps that was inevitable. I seem to have mastered getting my filling to set up, so it wasn't super runny, but the peaches were just wet, that's the way they were. Any other tips for keeping pie crust crusty? Perhaps when the fruit is that juicy I should just do cobbler or crisp. I could have let the fruit macerate a while and then thickened the drained juice but I'm not sure if that would be worth the trouble. I should have made jam, yummo! The pie is not bad, but I'm always in search of the perfect pie. I've managed to master the art of getting fruit filling to set well, but still working on the crust part.

Comments (10)