SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jakkom

The $150 snacks

jakkom
10 years ago

We have so many restaurant reviewers in this area I have a hard time keeping track of all of them, despite the fact I'm retired and spend on average 6 hrs/daily on the computer!

This is related to a previous discussion on this forum where some folks wished they could afford to do an expensive Modernist tasting menu, and others (like me) who had no interest.

Modernist to the core, with tasting menus only and holding 2 Michelin stars, Saison is currently one of the hotter restaurants in San Francisco (we have a lot of them, especially if you count the rest of coastal Northern CA). Their move to new, larger quarters came along with a substantial price increase to $248/pp.

Remember, this is a tasting menu-only restaurant. They will accommodate medical allergies but they are not interested in your likes or dislikes.

Tasting Table does enjoyable short, pithy reviews that include one or two photos. They did one in early July 2013 that covered Saison's new Bar Menu plates menu. The Bar Menu started because so many people, even in SF, didn't want to spend $250+/pp for dinner. Please don't forget, we charge sales tax on restaurant food: 8.75% extra, not including the Healthcare Surcharge (some restaurants include the additional 3% and some don't).

Tasting Table included a couple of photos so you get the visuals. You can decide for yourself whether you would pay $150 for a few plates (but also a couple of drinks, at least) that still leaves you hungry for a Big Mac.

Enjoy the read, it's fun:

Here is a link that might be useful: Review: Saison's bar snacks

Comments (4)