Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fruit pizza crust

Posted by lazycook (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 12, 14 at 14:41

Re shortbread type crust for fruit pizza in tart pan. Since I won't have time to prepare the crust until 3 days before I put the topping on, trying to decide if I should (1) bake it and freeze until ready to put topping on OR (2) prepare the crust, freeze it, and then bake right before I use it. Which would be best?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fruit pizza crust

Hi, lazycook. The one I make has a shortbread crust, too.

I'm curious, though. You say you won't have time to make the crust until 3 days before you put the topping on. Do you mean that you won't have time to make it the actual day that you're going to put the topping on, and have to make the crust 3 days in advance?

If that's what you mean, I think that I would just make and bake the crust and then cover it well with foil. Think of it as just shortbread cookies. They'd certainly last 3+ days without being frozen, right?

Suzieque

o

Thanks Suzique. You're right, it'd just be like a shortbread cookie. What kind of glaze do you use?

o

This base keeps really well in an air-tight tin for days and is tasty and light for fruit.
200g plain flour
175g ground almonds
175g golden caster sugar
200g cold butter, diced
1 egg yolk

Put all the ingredients except the yolk into a food processor and pulse til like breadcrumbs. Then add the yolk.Press temix into your tart tin and press down - makes a quite thick layer.
Put it in the freezer for 20 mins, then bake for 20 to 30 mins intil it's nice and biscuit-y.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here