SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Recap Of Latest Culinary Adventures

moonwolf_gw
9 years ago

Hi everyone,

So, here's a recap of my culiinary adventures from the past month to the present.

I am still making goodies for the theatre, and we have our next cast party on Sunday! I'm debating on what to make since money's tight right now, but I'll find something to make for sure. The show is called Laughing Stock, a comedy, and I got to watch the Thursday night dress rehearsal (first one ever) and I am really looking forward to it. It's extremely funny! I'm hoping to make some Tortilla Pinwheels, but time will tell.

Back in June, I cooked an entire meal with some help from my friends, mostly myself though. I made Salmon Cakes, Broccoli and Cheese, Crab Stuffed Potatoes, and Lemonade. It was hot (their apartment had no air conditioning until just a week or so after my friend and I had visited-it's his cousin, her husband, and their daughter, who's 2, and they're due with their second daughter any day now). It was a big hit, but we didn't add enough crackers to the salmon cakes like mum did.

For my Picnic Bunch friends, we just had an outing to the local county fair last Monday (it's over now). Three of our friends couldn't make it, so it was just my one friend (whose home is where we always meet at), her husband, and her brother. It was a good time getting to eat some fair food (just a burger and fries for me-it's a weakness) and look at the exhibits. In June, we got together (again, not the whole usual crew), and had tacos/Mexican foods (salsa, guacamole, and rice).

I tried to make deviled eggs (keyword: tried) when my parents and i visited my gram (whose lemonade you all like) and uncle on Saturday. I didn't let the eggs boil long enough (plus they have our old stove which my parents had even before I was born). So, my uncle just fried a few of them up for himself. I felt terrible about it, (an extreme sense of failure), especially since I boiled eggs on that stove before. Gram called me the next day and said that she told me not to feel bad about it since it is an old stove and that I used a different pan than last time.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!