Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Worst tasting snacks - ever!!!!

Posted by angelaid (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 15, 12 at 13:30

Rice cakes. No amount of sugar, vanilla and caramel can disguise the texture of cardboard. It must be an acquired taste.

Next ...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Worst tasting snacks - ever!!!!

Hmm.... I agree, though those Cocopops they pop and sell at Wegman's are right up there - taste like dust, at least to me, but my grandchildren like them. I can eat them with a really tasty hummus (artichoke and spinach, or artichoke and asiago dip). Maybe chocolate?

o

I don't know if they are even made anymore but there used to be snack cakes sold two in a pack, a questionable cream filling, & they were "frosted" with brown tinted candle wax. Horrible things.

/tricia

o

I don't mind rice cakes, at least some flavours. My favs are buttered popcorn and white cheddar. The plain ones, or brown rice are fine topped with tinned tuna or salmon for an easy lunch. The apple cinnamon ones are truly vile...

o

A co-worker brought a box of pre-packaged "chocolate croissants" in to work to share. I thought "It has chocolate, how bad could it be?" The "croissant" portion has the consistency of a hot dog bun, although much sweeter, and the "chocolate" filling is more akin to chocolate pudding. I couldn't even finish chewing the first bite. Bleah!

On the plus side, the last few from the box have been sitting atop the office microwave for a couple of weeks, and I'm sure they are every bit as good as when the box was first opened.

o

I agree with you on the rice cakes. Even my dog wouldn't eat them. Another nasty snack is soy nuts. Also can break your tooth.
Clare

o

I don't know what they're called, but those packages of orange-colored crackers filled with peanut butter that you find in vending machines(usually in the middle of the night at rest area when you're on a road trip and starving and they're the last things in the machine).

o

Soy nuts- those things are loud! I was eating them in a movie theater one time and a guy tapped me on the shoulder. "Can you chew a little quieter, please," he asked. "My girlfriend's PMSing." I looked over her and shook the box, I just couldn't resist. But they were loud- and I did fear for my teeth. Also not tasty enough to be worth a tooth chip. And yes, rice cakes are just dreadful.

o

I agree on the rice cakes, although with enough peanut butter they're elevated to barely edible. One of my bosses years ago said they were "like eating compressed air".

I don't care for soy nuts either but the worst snack I ever had was a "sesame candy" that Elery bought at the Asian market in Ann Arbor. He loves sesame, I tolerate it, but he stuck one of those things in his mouth and promptly spit it back out. Of course, that meant I just had to see how bad it was. It was bad, extremely sweet yet rancid. Ewwww. I don't know where it came from because I couldn't read the package, so it was my own fault, LOL.

Actually, one of the worst lately was a Hostess chocolate cupcake. I don't remember them being dry and tasteless, or the frosting leaving that slick of tallow in my mouth. Maybe they used to be better, but if Bud ever offers to share with me again I'll politely tell him "no thank you"!

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here