Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Teresa, remember those pork sandwiches?

Posted by dedtired (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 16, 12 at 12:06

When we had one of our CF get-togethers in Philadelphia, Teresa and I shared a roast pork sandwich at the Reading Terminal Mkt. We were both kind of disappointed in it.

Well, guess who won Best Sandwich in America? DiNic's Roast Pork. Did we get ours from them? I can't remember for sure, but I think so. Maybe we have to go back and give it a second chance.

Here is a link that might be useful: Adam Richman best sandwich

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Teresa, remember those pork sandwiches?

Yep, I think that was the place. Interesting.... I remember that I wanted to try that sandwich because I had read such good reviews.

But the sandwich I got from the guys cooking outdoors was really good. Same group where we got some bread pudding.

And FWIW, no, I did not eat two sandwiches at RTM. We bought stuff, cut it up and shared it with the table.

Teresa

o

I forget what we got from the outdoor guys. A train wreck sandwich?? Why is that popping onto my head? It was delicious, the best of what we bought.

Didn;t we have bites of a roast pork sandwich that day? I'm sure we did because we both said "meh".

Guess we'll just have to go back and do it again.

o

I love a roast pork sandwich....with a good grainy mustard, mayo, lettuce and a slice of sweet onion.
But not a lot of people do. I grew up with the deli platter being ham, pork, beef and salami, or head cheese or pastrami and cheeses.
Maybe I need to do a small pork loin just for sandwiches.

o

I don't think I'd like cold pork, but I love hot pork sandwiches.

A deli platter when I was growing up also always had Lebanon Bologna.

o

Yes, it was the Train Wreck Po' Boy from Beck's Cajun Cafe. They were the group set up outside in the covered area and yes, I thought it was the best tasting thing we had with our group lunch - andouille sausage, steak, salami, cheese, and onions.

Teresa

o

You have a good memory!

o

Errrr....I cheated and looked up the Cafe's web site. But I do remember how good it was!

o

Wow that does sound like a train wreck! Esp the salami.

o

I remember having a DiNic's pork sandwich but it was the basic one without the broccoli rabe and provolone. They make a good sandwich but I also liked the train wreck one better. I did take a pic of their pork roasts waiting to be sliced.

Photobucket

o

Teresa -- cheater, cheater. ;0)

Nice pic, Ruthanna. Remember these? Sorry for sideway pic.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

I take back what I said - I googled the Train Wreck and it's making me hungry. I wasn't picturing it all chopped up like that.

Picture courtesy of Foodspotting.

o

Now that sure does look good!

o

OMG, maybe I will drive down to the Reading Terminal and get one now! The one we had was fabulous. I wonder who came up with that name.

o

I want to go back!!!!

Funny....I use pork loin and the fixins for Italian Beef to make Italian pulled pork sammys....they are on the menu here next week!!

I think the get together was the last time I was at RTM....Im such a Jersey girl now!!

Cheers!
Susie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here