Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Empowerment by coconuts

Posted by ynnej (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 12:00

I thought it would be nice to share how cutting open your own coconuts has made you the person you are today. Kidding. I just wanted to say I CUT MY OWN COCONUT I DID IT I DID IT! I don't know why I've been so terrified, I was sure I would hack my hand fingers off. And how cute is it that the coconut has little "eyebrows" that tell you where the seam is, which leads to the equator, which leads to such rich deliciousness? Could there be anything more perfectly designed for human consumption? Happiness.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Empowerment by coconuts

You're a late bloomer eh? Think i was about 10 when I did that the first time.
And do you know that coconut water has been used as plasma in times of great need. It's sterile and the electrolites are about the same.

o

Reminds me of a Marx Brothers movie, LOL!

o

Late bloomer is an understatement. I'm a wide-eyed child when it comes to food- everything is new and exciting. I am fascinated by what you said about it being used as plasma.

o

"I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts....." I can remember my dad singing that song while opening a coconut with a hammer and screwdriver as a 3- or 4-years old (mid-1950's). I've loved everything coconut since that day (although I leave the sugared, stringy, gag-me stuff at the store and order unsweetened coconut these days in three different shreds). We always got one or two coconuts as a treat each year and it was one of his food favorites. I think he was reminded of coconut cream pie made with fresh coconut his mother made him as a child.

-Grainlady

o

Grainlady, that is such a sweet story. My dad was always singing, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here