SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ynnej_gw

Empowerment by coconuts

ynnej
11 years ago

I thought it would be nice to share how cutting open your own coconuts has made you the person you are today. Kidding. I just wanted to say I CUT MY OWN COCONUT I DID IT I DID IT! I don't know why I've been so terrified, I was sure I would hack my hand fingers off. And how cute is it that the coconut has little "eyebrows" that tell you where the seam is, which leads to the equator, which leads to such rich deliciousness? Could there be anything more perfectly designed for human consumption? Happiness.

Comments (5)

• lindac
    11 years ago

You're a late bloomer eh? Think i was about 10 when I did that the first time.
    And do you know that coconut water has been used as plasma in times of great need. It's sterile and the electrolites are about the same.

• jessyf
    11 years ago

Reminds me of a Marx Brothers movie, LOL!

• ynnej
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Late bloomer is an understatement. I'm a wide-eyed child when it comes to food- everything is new and exciting. I am fascinated by what you said about it being used as plasma.

• grainlady_ks
    11 years ago

"I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts....." I can remember my dad singing that song while opening a coconut with a hammer and screwdriver as a 3- or 4-years old (mid-1950's). I've loved everything coconut since that day (although I leave the sugared, stringy, gag-me stuff at the store and order unsweetened coconut these days in three different shreds). We always got one or two coconuts as a treat each year and it was one of his food favorites. I think he was reminded of coconut cream pie made with fresh coconut his mother made him as a child.

-Grainlady

• ynnej
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Grainlady, that is such a sweet story. My dad was always singing, too.