Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shout out to Petra!

Posted by lpinkmountain (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 19, 14 at 11:51

I was using the GW search engine to try and find an old, old blueberry muffin thread, and I came across your post about the afternoon tea. Never did hear how it came out? That was sure a great thread! So I'm wondering . . . ?

There was nothing in your post about blueberry muffins though! The GardenWeb search engine is very arcane. I have better luck using Google. I should have known better!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shout out to Petra!

Hi lpink, waving back at you! Tea has been postponed until
major health developments afflicting one of the ladies have been overcome. Fingers crossed that happens soon.

Re. an old muffin thread, here are several with blueberry muffin recipes. Hope one of those is what you were looking for.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/recipex/msg1109290021977.html

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/recipex/msg071036145205.html

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/recipex/msg0508160313559.html

o

Yeah, I finally realized I need to skip the GW search engine and just just use Google. I found the thread and made the Ina Garten blueberry muffins that Annie posted. They are very lemony, how I like them, and yum. Made a ton though, but that was good because I have a ton of blueberries. Not exactly a terrible problem!

I figured the tea got cancelled but I was just wondering. I sure hope your friend gets better. I cannot begin to count the number of times I have had to cancel something due to my poor health these past couple of years. I have bad migraines now and also some other chronic inflammatory conditions. Plus I seem to be always moving! I sure look forward to the day I can stay in one place and do some good cooking and entertaining. Some friends came by this past week to help me load a trailer for my moving, and we had a lovely dinner out on my patio. But I am leaving this place in a couple more days, so very sad. I have a nice apt. in MI so maybe someday I will get to have "tea" there. I already had my folks over for dinner, that went pretty well. I am taking back a bunch of kitchen and dining room things for my apt. Not my good tea service though. But I guess I could have tea at my mom's, she has ALL the stuff, tiered china servers and silver and beautiful china teacups and pots, etc. She never uses it anymore but I know she would enjoy hosting a tea.

o

I would love to have the problem of too many blueberries. :o) I've made the Ina Garten muffins before, agree they are very lemony and delicious.

This poor lady has had a bunch of health problems, it seems like one thing improves and something else happens. But, maybe tea would be better once it cools down anyway. Iced tea seems more appropriate with the current heatwave.

I am sorry you are dealing with health problems as well. Have you tried magnesium supplementation for the migraines? I took liquid mag. several years ago when I had frequent bouts of visual migraines, and they went away, knock wood. Also recommended to several others and it helped them as well. If you haven't tried it yet, maybe check what your doc thinks.

Wow, MI?! Gorgeous place. The only drawback is the snow and ice. We lived in CO before moving here and when I complained about the heat to a neighbor, he said "well, at least you guys don't have to shovel heat". :o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here