Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Watermelon?

Posted by dcarch (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 16, 13 at 11:27

Watermelon rind is discussed in another thread.

Besides pickling, and used in salads, watermelon rind is so delicious baked or saut�ed.

Sous vided pork chop on watermelon rind.

Then, you have watermelon radish, which is just radish that is watermelon red. Sous vided dry sea scallops on couscous and watermelon radish.

dcarch

photo watermelonporkchop2_zpsd6f855b7.jpg

photo watermelonporkchop_zps31e343f2.jpg

photo scallopswatermelonradish2_zps7a8c896b.jpg

photo scallopswatermelonradish_zpsc0629dee.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Watermelon?

dcarch, your watermelon grid w/ purslane looks gorgeous! I'm curious how you prepared that watermelon -- and wondering whether you ate it or just made it to look pretty. :) Looks like it was torched or broiled to give it some caramelization.

o

That watermelon is the most creative presentation I've seen in a long time. I don't want to eat it - I just want to look at it! :-)

o

Oh, yum! Thank you! I told my family that melon rinds could be used for cooking: they are eager to taste!

o

Posted by party_music50 “dcarch, your watermelon grid w/ purslane looks gorgeous! I'm curious how you prepared that watermelon -- and wondering whether you ate it or just made it to look pretty. :) Looks like it was torched or broiled to give it some caramelization.”

Thanks Party Music. The watermelon rind can be cooked in a number of ways, roast, grill, stir fry, etc. In this case, it was sautéed on a cast iron skillet. Yes, it does look pretty, very dramatic on a plate, but I enjoy it because it is delicious.

Posted by teresa_mn “That watermelon is the most creative presentation I've seen in a long time. I don't want to eat it - I just want to look at it! :-) “

Thanks Teresa. I have to keep eating it because I bought 3 large watermelons when they were on sale last week at $3.99 each.

Posted by linnea56 “Oh, yum! Thank you! I told my family that melon rinds could be used for cooking: they are eager to taste!”

Thanks Linnea. I think you can find many recipes on the Internet for cooking with watermelon rind.

dcarch

o

As always, I am surprised and amazed at your artistry. All the elements come together in a way I never would have thought of, yet seems just right.

Jim

o

Thanks Jim. You have been an inspiration with your vast knowledge of the vegetable world.

dcarch

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here