Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good recipe for zucchini muffins?

Posted by lpinkmountain (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 14, 14 at 11:17

We have one of "those" zucchinis that we got from a friend, kinda seedy and best for zucchini bread. Except I don't like to make quick breads, I much prefer muffins since they are easier for me to freeze individual portions. Anyone have a good T&T recipe for zucchini muffins? Something like bread but in muffin form? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good recipe for zucchini muffins?

These are wonderful and they ARE called muffins! Full of zucchini and raspberries and chocolate -- ALL of the food groups!

Martha

CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI RASPBERRY MUFFINS

1 2/3 c. flour
1/3 c. plus 1 T. cocoa powder, sifted
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 large eggs
2/3 c. sugar
2/3 c. brown sugar
1 T. instant espresso dissolved in 1 T. water
1 t. vanilla
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/3 c. sour cream
1 cup finely grated zucchini
3/4 c. semisweet chocolate chips
4 oz. fresh raspberries
Powdered sugar for dusting

Heat the oven to 350. Butter and flour or use muffin cup liners in a 12 cup muffin tin.

In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the eggs and both sugars together on medium speed until smooth, lightened and somewhat increased in volume, about 1 minute. Add the reconstituted espresso, the vanilla, oil, and sour cream and mix again for 1 minute. With the mixer running on a very low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet, beating just until combined and stopping to scrape down the sides of the mixer when necessary. Add the zucchini and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and raspberries. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups.

Bake until the muffins are fully risen in the middle and a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 23 to 25 minutes. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Dust lightly with powdered sugar (only if serving right away).

o

Who could ask for more! Very cool photo too, thanks Martha!!

o

I had to make a different recipe because I did not have the cocoa powder or the raspberries. Going to the store today to get some, along with some other things I need. Meanwhile, here is the recipe I did make, which was also excellent. It is from "Taste of Home" Web site.

Orange Zucchini Muffins - (makes 12)
Ingredients
1 cup shredded zucchini
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided (I just used 1/4 tsp. in with the batter. Did not do the topping)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
3/4 cup packed brown sugar (I used 2/3 cup)
1/3 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup raisins
1 tablespoon sugar
Directions
Squeeze zucchini until dry; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the
flour, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and
salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, oil, orange
juice, orange peel and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until
moistened. Fold in raisins and reserved zucchini.
Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine sugar and
remaining nutmeg; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 18-22
minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out

Read more: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/orange-zucchini-muffins#ixzz3CeDl8aiH

Lpink's notes: I didn't do the nutmeg sugar topping, just topped with some pre-made cinnamon sugar I had on top of the stove. Was still great! I also added 1/3 cup diced walnuts.

Here is a link that might be useful: Zucchini Orange muffins - Taste of Home

o

Laurie, I saw your post about losing you favorite aunt. You and you family have my sympathies. (FB would not let me post)

Back to the topic......

o

I finally got the chocolate zucchini muffins made. Very cute and VERY chocolatey! I liked the raspberry addition too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here