SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

8# whole salmon - stuffing recipe? HELP!

Lars
10 years ago

Kevin just got back yesterday night after a two day trip to Seattle to meet with Amazon, one of his biggest clients at Sony. I knew he was going to go to Pike Place with his boss, and so I told him I wanted a whole salmon or some King Crab legs. Before he left he told me that he would not be putting a fish in his luggage, but I guess the fishmonger at City Fish changed his mind, and he came back with a box that they had packed for him. He bought an 8 pound salmon, some King Crab legs, plus a Newfoundland lobster tail. In all, he spent over $200, plus $20 to check the box on the plane, and I packed everything in the garage fridge last night.

In 1980 when I was visiting a friend in Vancouver, my friend's mother invited us to dinner at her house, and she made a stuffed salmon, using a fish that the fisherman she was dating at the time (She was divorced) had given her. She made a fantastic stuffing for the fish, baked it whole, and also made some sort of sauce for it - I think it was a white wine sauce. Anyway, she refused to tell me how she made the stuffing, and now I want to make one for myself. I also have to do something with the crab and lobster. He bought $60 worth of crab, and I plan to eat some of it today and freeze some of it for later. I think I will take the meat out of the shell and double bag it with the Foodsaver, and freeze it until our sister comes next week-end for her birthday. We'll grill the lobster tomorrow.

Anyway, I plan to buy a new fish pan (that I've been wanting) for cooking the salmon, but I really want to know how to make a killer stuffing. Any suggestions? I was thinking of using bread, egg, celery, and onion, but I do not know what else. I think my friend's mother used some herbs, but I do not know which ones. I might just use Cajun seasoning, but I do not want the stuffing to compete with the salmon. I have a bunch of zucchini that Kevin bought at the farmers' market, and I wonder if I could add that to the stuffing. If not, I'll cook that separately.

Lars

P.S. I bought Italian parsley and green onions for the lobster, and so I already have that. I wonder if I should have bought fresh dill for the salmon.

This post was edited by publickman on Sat, Aug 24, 13 at 11:14

Comments (13)