SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
llvv_gw

No knead pizza dough help

LLVV
10 years ago

Hi! I've been using Lahey's no knead pizza dough with so-so results. I love the flavor of the dough and I love how the crust gets crispy. I can also get it to thin out and not bounce back like my regular dough does. What I don't love it working with this sticky mess.

I've been taking the dough and plopping it onto a baking sheet and then shaping and cooking it on the sheet. That makes it easier to work with but still...something seems off.

I've looked at videos of others making pizza with this recipe and their dough does not look like the sticky mess that mine is. It looks like regular pizza dough (smooth, easy to work with, etc.) The second time I worked with this dough I added a lot more flour into the dough while I was shaping it. That seemed to work out much better but it was still way too sticky. I have yet to cook it on my stone because I'm terrified of putting the dough on my peel. It's way too sticky to ever get off of the peel (at least in one pretty piece).

Does anyone who uses this dough have any advice? If you do use it, how much flour are you adding in after the rising process.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County