SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artsyshell

Ann T's chickpea flat bread

artsyshell
10 years ago

I made this tonight and we absolutely loved it! Easier dough I found to work with than a flour tortilla (which this reminds me of), and much more flavorful and healthier!

Loved it. Thanks so much Ann T for posting the recipe.

I tried Googling other recipes and most of them called for chickpea flour. I liked that this recipe used chickpeas. It made quite a few as well which was nice. Next time I might add some chopped green onions to the dough as well.

I made a halibut souvlaki, which I seared on the bbq. And a regular Greek salad to which I added watermelon and cherry tomatoes sauteed in olive oil and fennel salt for a little bit of contrast and texture, as well as feta.

Made Tzatziki using greek yogurt with the addition of a little sumac and a creamy white garlic confit in place of the garlic cloves

http://www.missingingredient.ca/brickstone-fine-foods/

Find the garlic confit gives a smoother taste and not so harsh and love sumac as it has a bit of lemon ZIng.

Spread the chickpea flat bread with the Tzatziki and then topped with some spring/spinach salad with added carrot strips and radish, topped with the Greek salad and halibut and rolled like a tortilla.

Was fantastic! Will definitely make it again!

I served it with a roasted cauliflower soup with crispy maple bacon and green onions..to die for.

Great flat bread recipe and dinner!

Thanks Ann T.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!