SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

A small forum "get together"

annie1992
10 years ago

I've made some good friends from this forum, some who don't post much any more, and one of them stopped to see me as she and her husband were travelling up the coast in their camper on the way to see Nancy (wizardnm).

Yes, it's Sherry (sheshebop)! Doesn't she look wonderful? I was so glad to see her again.

She brought wine, some Tuscan herb olive oil and dessert. That root beer belongs to her DH, it's his drink of choice, LOL.

I made homemade pappardelle with a sauce that included Italian sausage, mushrooms and cream. Elery loved the stuff and I sent the leftovers with Sherry for dinner the next day. No upclose pictures, sorry.

I did have some green beans from the garden that I cooked with onion, red pepper, bacon and garlic. That wooden spoon you see is the last one Dad made for me.

I also made a no-knead Italian bread from the King Arthur Flour website, it was surprisingly good, baked in a cake pan. We dipped it in the olive oil and enjoyed it a lot with some bruschetta made from tomatoes from my garden and basil from the herb garden.

Dessert? Oh yeah, we had that. Sherry brought a cherry pie from Michigan cherries she had frozen and I made vanilla ice cream.

I made a pot of freshly roasted Costa Rican coffee in the Chemex to go with the pie.

We ate and drank and talked and the time flew. I was very sorry to see them leave that evening, and I sent the last of the lemoncello with Sherry, made from the Meyer lemons that Arlene (beachlily) sent me.

Ah friends. Especially those who like to cook and eat, those are the best. (grin)

Annie

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz