SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

Hawaiian Roll Sliders...

vacuumfreak
10 years ago

I found a good recipe and I wanted to share it with you... I go to a sit and sew every other Friday and we all bring a dish to share. One of the ladies brought something the last time that just blew me away. I'd never even heard of this and when I got home, I googled it and it's actually a "thing"... not something this lady invented!

Anyway, the item is called a Hawaiian Roll Slider and it is basically just ham and Swiss cheese on Hawaiian rolls. But, the magic happens when you make the sauce and drizzle/pour it all over the rolls and then bake it in the oven. When the savory sauce melds with the sweetness of the Hawaiian rolls, the result is a bit of heaven.

People who are health conscious wouldn't want to eat like this every day, but for something like a pot luck, this is wonderful!

My grandmother's funeral was last Friday and I made these to bring for the wake... there were no leftovers.

This is more assembling and than real cooking, but still, a great and simple thing to take to events. I wonder how long I've been in the dark about this!

These quilting ladies are really making me step up my game in the kitchen... nobody at work or in my family is what I would consider a real cook so I'm used to being the best cook I know in my "circles"... Not anymore! The challenge is fun though. (Making carrot cake cookies for tomorrow... did flan the last time and sausage meatballs the time before that)...

Anyway, I'm done digressing... the recipe I'm speaking of is linked below. When I made it, I omitted the poppy seeds because I wasn't going to buy them just for one recipe and never use them again. All the recipes I've read for these are pretty similar, though some have you use provolone instead of swiss cheese and others add brown sugar to the sauce.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hawaiian Ham Roll Sliders recipe

Comments (9)