Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where can I get a BIG ceramic lasagne pan?

Posted by sooz (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 29, 09 at 22:45

My sister used to have a lovely, large, ceramic lasagne pan that was at least 4 inches deep. It has since been broken (a story in and of itself!) and she is currently using a white ceramic pan that measures 15" x 9.5" and 3" deep. She really really wants one that is at least 4 inches deep, and ceramic. The replacement doesn't have to be white, but she'd prefer it.

Can anyone help or guide us? She and I have both looked on ebay, and a variety of replacement-type websites, etc, with no luck.

Thanks in advance!
Smiles,
Sooz

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where can I get a BIG ceramic lasagne pan?

Sooz: Try Ebay or Amazon. Or Google a Discription of what you want.
If I see any , I'll Post it.

You will probably get a lot of Answers, from the CF.
Lou

o

Your sister probably had a very nice roasting pan that she used for lasagna.

How about this one...

Joe

Here is a link that might be useful: Ceramic roasting pan

o

Try "Mario Batali Extra Deep Lasagna Pan Chianti". It's a bit pricey but you can search around for a better price than Amazon's.
http://www.amazon.com/Mario-Batali-Extra-Lasagna-Chianti/dp/B000MPPEH2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1248923566&sr=8-2

Cuisinart also has one for a somewhat lesser cost.
http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-Classic-Enameled-Roasting-Cardinal/dp/B0018A94QM/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1248923566&sr=8-9

o
PS: BIG ceramic lasagne pan?

Sooz:
I forgot about " Fante's of Phila " they probably would have it.
They deliver World Wide.
I've bought many items from them.
Google it for a Phone Number.
Lou

o

There are a bunch on this link...
http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1248929782/ref=sr_pg_2?ie=UTF8&rs=1055398&keywords=Lasagna baker&bbn=1055398&rh=n%3A1055398n%3A!1063498k%3ALasagna baker&page=2
I have one....but I'm keeping it! LOL!
Here's another but I think it's glass...
http://www.amazon.com/Marinex-2-Quart-Prediletta-Rectangular-Baking/dp/B0016LQ01K
And this looks great....but they don't give dimensions.
http://www.us-appliance.com/pglecrdedire.html
I am sure there are more....

o

Hi, Everyone! Thanks for the quick responses and the leads. After following suggestions and webaddys, drat and darn if there is nothing 4 inches deep! Granted, 3.8" deep was pretty close, but no cigar, as the saying goes, and my sis is really specific about the depth.

I did take Lou's suggestion and posted over at the CF.

Thanks, and folks, please post if you think of anything! Meanwhile, I'll be crossing fingers!

Smiles,
Sooz

o

LOL Sooz. Hey, she knows what she wants. I found one 4" deep but it's shaped like a boat, and it's a pretty blue... lol... 17 x 10 x 4... It's actually kind of cute.

Here is a link that might be useful: Deep Appolia Ceramic dish

o

This one, also from Overstock.com, is 3.75"

Here is a link that might be useful: Casserole dish

o

Sooz:
I checked out Fantes didn't have time to do all.
Their toll free number is 1-800-44-FANTE.
You can inquire,
Lou

o

Since you said BIG you might take a look at Le Creuset's massive 5" deep ceramic roasting dish. If she has the storage, it is a gorgeous piece, and she could serve an army.

If you're interested you might check prices elsewhere, though Cutlery and More is a very reliable company. (Says I who bought a left-handed Wusthof bread knife from them.)

Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: Le Creuset Deep Roasting Dish

o

I've had good luck getting things like that from local potters. Prices are reasonable and I can always get exactly what I need.

o

Your sister has probably measured her previous pan from the outside. The Mario Batalli pan product description on Amazon is 4.4" although the interior dimensions are less which they don't state just allude to being in the 3's.
Something to think about anyway. I have that pan and it is quite large although very heavy empty.

o

I can vouch for Mario's roasting/lasagna pan. It is the deepest lasagna pan I've ever had. I bought one for Matthew too.

o

I saw that too, but thought she wanted ceramic?
I have seen them in a store.
Linda C

o

Try etsy.com It's all handcrafted items by American artisans. If you don't find what you want, I'm POSITIVE someone can hand make one for you.

o

Holly :
I think you are right too.
Le Creuset's sounds good too.

Sooz:
Why does she need a La Sasagne Pan that Deep ? unless she uses it for something else.
Usually Lasagne is 2 inches deep , or a little more.
I just use a Pyrex baking dish.
Lou

o

Thanks, everyone, for ALL the helpful info!!! My sis actually did measure from the inside, not the outside, so like coconut-nj said, she knows what she wants! LOL

Lou, she likes to make "tall" lasagne for our annual family events and I have to admit, the tall lasagne IS impressive when served!

She looked at Mario's roasting/lasagna pan (it is lovely!!!!) and put it on the short list, then she clicked on Carol's link to a photo and website that had Le Creuset's massive 5" deep ceramic roasting dish, and she darn-fell-in-love with it right then and there!

Thanks again, everyone, for the helpful info about etsy, local potters, etc etc--I just KNEW the folks here would have the answers!

Smiles,
Sooz

o

I'm not happy--the Le Creuset's massive 5" deep ceramic roasting dish is awesome but so is the price. I have been asked by my SIL to teach my DGD the family recipes which included lasagna. So I guess I could write it off as a family heirloom and hand it down.

Cathy

o

Hey, Cathy,

The price on the Le Creuset's item IS a big chunk of change all at once!

However, it's not quite sooo overwhelming if you think of it this way-- save $10 or $20 a month and eventually, voila! you have saved enough to buy the item! That's the way we do it anyway.

When I was working two jobs, I'd save a good amount from the part-time paycheck and within a years time, I had enough to afford real hardwood flooring for one room!

The Le Creuset would be a beautiful family heirloom, with many happy memories associated with it!

:O)
Sooz

o

Ann_T, if you don't mind, would you please give the internal measurements of the Mario Batali's deep dish pan?
Thanks.

Ntt

o

Wow Sooz! When I saw that Le Creuset that Carol posted I almost bought it MYself... lol. That thing is awesome. I did think about asking whether you know of a potter in your area. Hey at least the Le Creuset is free shipping! That's no small thing for something that big/heavy.

The Mario Batali one is gorgeous but.. cast iron.. which I happen to love even if they're getting harder and harder to haul around. Smiles.

Coconut, ..who doesn't need any new cookware for the rest of her life if truth be known.

o

Sooz, I fully understand why your sister wants a deep pan to bake her lasagna in. It is the same reason I bought the Batali pan. If I'm going to have lasagna I want a tall one too. Lots of layers.

Ntt, the inside measurement is 3.25 inches.

Ann

o

OMG drool drool that Le Creuset...I could take a bath in it...well, parts of me can...

o

Now that's versatility. Bake lasagna, roast an ox or take a bath all in the Le Creuset pan. I checked Amazon. It's still just shy of $100.

I don't have that pan myself; I have the Batali pan (made by Copco). But I do have some other Le Creuset ceramic pieces. If you can find a Le Creuset outlet store within driving distance or know anyone who can shop for you, some of these items will go for greatly reduced prices.

I got a rectangular baking dish 50% off -another 20% at an Easter sale. It's worth getting on the mailing list. They also sell seconds and I have to say most of the time I can't tell why it's even been labeled a second.

Or look at it this way. Think about how many lasagnas (is that a correct plural???) you make in a year. Calculate the difference in cost between your own excellent version and what you'd pay in an upscale restaurant. That Le Creuset pan (or the Batali) is an absolute bargain. And if it becomes part of your estate the next generation can continue the tradition.

Carol

o

The Batali pan is sold at BB&B so with your 20% coupon it's "only" $72.

Hmmm, I wonder what's for dinner tonight?

o

Emile Henry also has a ceramic pan in this size. I think the price is the same as the Le Creuset.

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Emile Henry Flameproof dishes

o

Clarification - Although their website doesn't state it, the MB pan is internet order only at BB&B. BUT, if you order it through the store they will honor the 20% coupon. In the end, the 20% covered shipping plus sales tax. In under two weeks I should have a new $89 lasagne pan that I don't need.

o

I use mine for lots of things other than lasagna, mostly roasts and ham.

o

I went to Tuesday's Morning today and guess what I found! Check out the real sweeeeet price! The manager said it was just in. So, if you want one, get it quick! At this location in NW of Houston, they have in 2 colors, the cherry (red) and the cobalt (blue). I wanted it in cherry and it was just perfect. LOL... how could I pass the deal?!

This is the large 10 quarts size and it's deeeeeep! It's also Made in Thailand which IMHO, it's a bit better than made in China.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o
Although....

I noticed that the style is a little different around the brim/handles. I think this one may be a discontinued model. The $49.99 price is still better though. Unless... This is not a legite Le Creuset roaster? Could it be???? What's your experience in shopping at Tuesday Morning?

o

Oh, I'm sure it's legit. Tuesday Morning sells discounted but I've never heard of them selling black market knockoffs, LOL. I've seen similar buys in the Le Creuset outlet store. I got a gorgeous oval covered casserole in a line they'd decided not to continue. I was sad about it because it was a beautiful design. The original plan was an entire dinnerware service.

I looked at the Emile Henry pan but it's much shallower. If you'll notice the total capacity is 6.3 quarts while the Le Creuset is 10. It's still a wonderful pan but perhaps not as deep as the OP was looking for.

Carol

o

Ntt Hou... wow, 10quarts... swoon and for fifty bucks. Good thing there is no Tuesday Mornings close to us or I'd ask Christy to go get it for me for a birthday present. LOL.. Great buy. I want to blue to go with my blue oval 7 1/2 quart cast iron porcelain covered pot.

o

OMG! TM is one of my favorite places to score cheap kitchen goodies. I'm on my way to TM and hope they have that roaster. A red one would be a double score.

o

Thanks all. I feel better now. I measured this pan before buying it. The depth/thickness on the inside is about 4-3/4" (4.75") and it fits nicely in my oven. I had to make sure because I once bought an oval roaster with lid that didn't fit in my oven and had to return it. I learned to measure everything now and carry a measuring tape in my purse.

This may be a discontinued model. The difference on this one vs. the latest model is the top edge. The latest model has the edges bend out used as handles on 2 opposite sides. The edge of this one bends out all around at the top, using as handles on all sides. It's similar to their current stoneware loaf pan. I like it better since it's giving me more ways of handling it. It's style is beneficial for me since it's one heavy pan.

HOWEVER.... I just remembered this morning that we do have an outlet here in Houston and it's not too far from where I live. I'm heading out there today and check out what they have =o).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here