SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

Crazy Appliances--Jam Maker Anyone?

plllog
9 years ago

I have a Belgian waffle maker. It only makes waffles, but it's a lot easier to use than a stovetop waffle iron. And I have an egg steamer, but it makes poached eggs as well as eggs in the shell, not that it's hard to steam eggs on the stove. It's cute, though. :) It looks like a chicken. :) So it's not like I think every single one shot appliance is stupid.

Even mini-pie makers and cake pop makers, which are generally the height of silly, have a use if they're for kids to have easy success on without getting in the way of dinner making in the kitchen.

I don't get this new jam maker though. Yes, an automatic stir is a great idea if one is alone and needs to go to the bathroom, but there are a lot of automatic pot stirrers on the market, which are a lot cheaper and easier to store, and work with a variety of pots. I can't figure out what this thing is supposed to do for you! It's been years since I made jam, but what I remember is raw hands from processing the fruit and some anxiousness over making and keeping the jars and utensils sterile. Actually cooking down the fruit is the easy part!

What am I missing?

What other silly appliances bemuse you?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz