SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thibeaultstable

New Kitchen Toy

ann_t
9 years ago

My 15 year old Kitchenaid hand mixer died two weeks ago and my 13 year old Braun Immersion blender bit the dust the same day. How does that happen?

Since I use the immersion blender more often than the hand mixer, I decided to replace it first. Did a little homework and decided to go with a Breville Immersion Blender.

The one I wanted came with a whisk and a small food processor/chopping bowl. The local shop that carries Breville did not have the one I wanted in stock, but they had the Breville All-In-One. An immersion blender with a number of extra options. I wasn't familiar with this model, so while in the store, did a quick Google search on my phone. It got great reviews and it was on sale. How could I resist.

I've been using it now for more than two weeks and I'm really happy with it. I've used just about all the attachments and I'm very impressed. The whisk whipped up heavy cream, no problem. The slicer can be adjusted from 0.5 to 6.0 mm. I've sliced paper thin potatoes to make potato chips.

And adjusted it to make thicker potato slices for a potato gratin.

I even sliced a leftover roasted strip loin for a French Dip Sandwich. I really wasn't expecting it to work that well with roast beef, but it did a great job.

And it can even slice salami.

Paper thin.
No need to get out the commercial meat slicer.

The disk for grating is reversible. One side for fine and one for coarse.

I've grated cheddar cheese on the coarse side and Parmesan on the fine side.

It even has a potato masher. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

It is really a food processor without the bulk.

So far the Breville has done everything that my big Kitchenaid Pro FP can do and I've used it more in two weeks than the KA in three months.

I love my new toy.

~Ann

Comments (56)