Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tracey_Oh, If You're Still On Here

Posted by bcskye (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 15, 13 at 21:17

I just tried your Chocolate Ice cream recipe using SCM. I might have put in a tad more of the cocoa, used just 1 c. cream instead of two and increased the milk from 1 c. to 2 c.. If it's half as good when it comes out of my freezer as it tasted straight out of the ice cream maker, I will definitely be a very happy camper. Thank you for posting the SCM recipes for ice cream back in May of 2011.

Madonna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tracey_Oh, If You're Still On Here

Madonna, you are quite welcome! I hope you enjoy the finished product! It's my go-to recipe for chocolate ice cream. Funny, I was just thinking tonight about trying to get some farm stand peaches tomorrow for peach ice cream. Love summer time and homemade ice cream:)

Tracey

o

Recipe please!

o

So easy!

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c. cocoa powder
2 c. cream
1 c. milk
1 T. vanilla extract

Combine the SCM and the cocoa then add in the other ingredients. Freeze in an ice cream maker.

I used just 1 c. cream and 2 c. milk and it is so delicious. I like it better than any commercial chocolate ice cream I've bought.

Vanilla Ice Cream

1 c. cream
1 c. milk
2 tsp. vanilla

Combine all ingredients then freeze in an ice cream maker.

Tracey said she found this vanilla ice cream a little sweet which is not a problem, but add in another cup of milk or cream or a combination if you like it a little less sweet.

Lemon Ice Cream (Tracey "warning: a bit tart")

1 c. cream
1 c. milk
1 T. lemon zest
2/3 c. lemon juice
1/8 tsp. salt

Combine all ingredients then freeze in an ice cream freezer.

Gee, I've got fresh peaches, bing cherries, lemons and oranges. What will I try next? Bet that "a bit tart" lemon ice cream would be good on a hot day like today.

o

That sounds wonderful and there's no need to make and cool the custard mixture prior to freezing? The grands were here on Sunday and wanted to make ice cream. There wasn't enough time to do all of the steps before they would have had to leave. I'll pick up some SCM mix with some dark cocoa powder and give this recipe a try!

o

Compumom, I am a chocoholic. I used regular Hershey Cocoa and it was fantastic. Didn't get super hard, either. I'm going to try the vanilla next with some add-ins. And it only takes 20 minutes in my machine for a little less than soft serve. I'm so excited that I'll be able to make my own ice cream while we travel this winter. I have a double door fridge with a double door freezer in the RV so I'll have plenty of room for extra bowls of ice cream. I'd better make sure I take my bike so I don't wind up as big as a whale.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here