Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question on twiced cook pork

Posted by mangomoon (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 9, 12 at 20:29

My question would apply to any method of cooking pork that requires poaching in water first, and then cooking in wok.

Can one poach the pork in water and refrigerate, then finish the recipe the next day? I have done this numerous times with chicken, but never with pork.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question on twiced cook pork

I am not familiar with any recipes that poach pork first, my Twice Cooked Pork uses Cantonese style Roast Pork. That said, I think if your recipe calls for poached pork, it would certainly be safe to cook it completely (do not leave it raw in the middle) using any method you want, refrigerate it overnight and put it in a recipe the next day.

Alexa

o
RE: Question on twiced cook pork

I make a twice-cooked pork dish that uses boneless pork cutlets. I poach the cutlets in water with 4 or 5 slices of fresh ginger. When the pork is cooked, I drain it and refrigerate the whole cutlets until I'm ready to make the stir fry. The poached cutlets are fine to use the next day.

seagrass

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here