Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Freezing Hummus

Posted by skeip (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 5, 12 at 17:36

Can it be done? What dose it do to the texture? How about freezing Baba Ganoush? People didn't eat as much as I thought they would yesterday, and I have more that I can eat right now. TYIA

Steve

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Freezing Hummus

I've frozen hummus, and that works fine. I haven't frozen Baba Ganoush, but if you did, I think you might be able to help the texture a bit by adding a bit more tahini to it after it is defrosted. I recommend freezing them in plastic bags with all the air removed, and then you can double bag it. Do not freeze them in a container that will also have air.

Lars

o

I have two containers of Lars' hummus recipe in my freezer as we speak. Will be using one in the near future and taking the other on my girl's canoe trip for lunch!

Linda

o

I've also frozen hummus, but never baba ganouj, so I can't help you on that.

Hummus freezes just fine, though, so you're halfway there!

Annie

o

I freeze baba ganouj without a problem. I make it at the end of the summer when eggplants are super cheap at the farmer's market.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here